DENTAL EXAMS IN GRAPEVINE TEXAS
Routine dental exams are important for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Additionally, they can help to avoid the financial costs associated with large treatment plans later on. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends twice yearly checkups for people of all ages. At this frequency, most problems can be caught while they remain in an early stage.
How it’s done
The dentist first examines your mouth visually, using dental equipment such as mouth mirrors, assorted dental tools, and high-intensity lights. They will look for cracked and decayed teeth, as well as review other important items such as:
- Medical history: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are made sure to be in good order.
Additionally, your dentist will take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems, especially in the areas below the gums. Bitewing x-rays are typically taken every 12 months and a panographic x-ray, which revolves around the head, is taken every 3-5 years.
“My primary dentist was in Southlake. I went to The Grapevine Dental for a Teeth Whitening special they were offering which also included cleaning and after a very basic examination, Dr. Nunes discovered a problem with a tooth that had been overlooked by my primary dentist that if not treated could have been very costly and painful. Being skeptical I asked questions that were explained in fine detail as well as shown the problem on X-rays.. On that day a year ago I had a new dentist. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. I highly recommend The Grapevine Dentist and can’t say enough about them..”
“Immensely kind and patient. I was having a lot of anxiety about being there since I haven’t been to the dentist in a while. They talked me through everything and eased some of my worries”